Bullet points from this morning’s study of 2Corinthians 5
• God gave His Spirit to prepare us for Glory
• His Spirit is making us more into the likeness of Christ
• The likeness of Christ is identified by the fruit of the Spirit
• Evidence of His work in us is shown by the increase of the fruit of the Spirit
• Confirmation of His work in us is manifest by our motivation, our ambition – the ambition of the Christian is to please God, to be pleasing to Him; the love of Christ controls us
• Death to self and living for the One who saved us, namely Jesus Christ, is not rooted in obligation, but in thanksgiving
V17a Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.
• To be the same “creature” and claim to be in Christ is illogical
If you are not a new creature in Christ……
V20b We beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.
Be made righteous in Christ.
Be cleansed of sin and set free of sin’s consequence by the Blood of Christ.
Romans 5:6b Christ died for the ungodly.
Romans 5:9 Since, therefore, we have now been justified by His Blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God.
1John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Romans 10:9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.